As a school we aim to:
- Ensure that your child achieves his/ her potential as a valued member of the school community.
- Provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which wherever possible meets the individual needs of your child.
- Reflect and respect the cultural and linguistic diversity of parents and children in the work of the school.
- Be open and welcoming at all times and provide opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
- Agree future educational targets at the statutory annual review of your child’s EHCP.
- Inform you of concerns around your child’s work or behaviour.
- Keep you informed about school activities through regular letters, newsletters and information about special events.
- Respond to your concerns quickly and effectively.
- Celebrate your child’s success with you.
- Provide inclusive opportunities to develop links with the wider community.
- Ensure that staff are available during parent consultations.
- Provide you with a home school diary to aid communication.
As parents we ask you to:
- Send your child to school suitably dressed with appropriate clothing for lessons, e.g. swimming clothes, clothes for outdoor wear.
- Notify the school if your child is ill and keep your child at home for the time required (48 hours from last bout of sickness and or diarrhoea).
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines.
- Support your child’s learning both in the classroom and beyond (outdoor classroom, playground and surrounding area of the school).
- Let the school know of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s behaviour/ mental health and wellbeing.
- Attend annual reviews, medicals and progress meetings in school to discuss your child’s development and needs.
- Agree educational targets for the coming year at the review of your child’s EHCP.
- Attend meetings to help you get to know the school.
- Use the home/ school diary to communicate with staff at school.
- Inform the guides/ school if transport is not needed.
- Accompany your child to the bus in the morning and be at home to receive them at the end of the school day.
- Inform the school of any changes to your child’s personal details, e.g. home phone number, change of address etc.
- Inform the school of any changes in medication for your child.
- Provide emergency contact numbers for your child.
- Avoid taking holidays in term time in line with government guidelines.